Volleyball Preview: at Middle Tennessee, UAB
North Texas Hits the Road Looking to Extend Winning Streak
Opponent Match Notes: Middle Tennessee
Opponent Match Notes: UAB
Conference USA Notes: Week 10
Match #25: North Texas (15-9, 6-5 C-USA) at Middle Tennessee (7-17, 3-7 C-USA)
Alumni Memorial Gym (2,000) - Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Friday, Oct. 31, 7:00 p.m. CT
Match #26: North Texas (15-9, 6-5 C-USA) at UAB (6-19, 3-7 C-USA)
Bartow Arena (8,500) - Birmingham, Alabama
Sunday, Nov. 2, 7:00 p.m. CT
- North Texas is looking to extend its current winning streak of three games, the longest stretch of wins since the Mean Green won seven in a row back in September.
- Currently, the Mean Green holds sole posession of the 6th spot in the Conference USA standings, only behind FAU by one game for the next spot. Currently the Blue Raiders and Blazers are tied for the 8th spot in the standings, both with 3-7 records heading into this weekend of play. Rule changes to the championship format for 2014 find both Middle Tennessee and UAB in a dogfight to stay in contention for a slot in the conference tournament, as only the top eight qualify. In the C-USA preseason poll, North Texas was picked fourth while UAB was projected to finish in a tie for fifth with Southern Miss, and Middle Tennessee was slated to just make the cut by taking seventh.
- The Mean Green is 7-12 in the all-time series with the Blue Raiders dating back to 2000, with the last match being won by North Texas, 3-1, in 2013. UAB has won the only two meetings with North Texas in history, once in 1993 and the other in 2013 in three sets in Birmingham.
- Junior outside hitter Carnae Dillard looks to continue leading not only the Mean Green but the conference and nation as well. Dillard has recorded a NCAA-leading 16 double-doubles so far this season. She also currently ranks among the top five in four other statistical categories (5.25 kills per set, 5.71 points per set, 1015 total attacks, 420 total kills). All of which lead Conference USA.
Around the Conference:
Oct. 31, 2014
- Rice at FIU - 5:00 p.m.
- Charlotte at Florida Atlantic - 6 p.m.
- Marshall at LA Tech - 6 p.m.
- WKU at UAB - 7 p.m.
- Southern Mississippi at UTEP - 8 p.m.
Nov. 2, 2014
- Rice at Florida Atlantic - 11:00 a.m.
- Charlotte at FIU - 12 p.m.
- Marshall at Middle Tennessee - 1 p.m.
- Southern Miss at UTSA - 1 p.m.
- UTEP at LA Tech - 1 p.m.