Volleyball Preview: FIU
North Texas Looks to Build Winning Streak on Sunday
Match #24: FIU (6-16, 3-6 C-USA) at North Texas (14-9, 5-5 C-USA)
North Texas Volleyball Center (600) - Denton, Texas
Sunday, Oct. 26, 1:00 p.m. CT
Live Stats: MeanGreenStats.com (Free)
Live Audio: N/A
Live Video: N/A
Game Promotions: FREE CLINIC
The Mean Green volleyball team welcomes kids of all ages to the North Texas Volleyball Center for a free clinic following Sunday's match against FIU at 1 p.m. Come out and meet your 2014 North Texas volleyball players and staff while getting a chance to learn from the best. For more information, please contact assistant coach Susan Halverson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Texas is looking to extend its current winning streak to more than two games for the first time since September. The Mean Green knocked off fourth place Florida Atlantic at home in four sets on Friday night.
- From 2012-2014, North Texas has been exceptional when playing at home inside the friendly confines of the North Texas Volleyball Center in Denton. The Mean Green has won 33 games and lost only 9 games in front of a home crowd over the course of the last three years. If North Texas defeats FIU on Sunday, it will be the 75th win inside the NTVB Center, which opened in 2006.
- Currently, the Mean Green holds sole posession of the 6th spot in the Conference USA standings. FIU sits in a tie for 8th place with UAB, both at 3-6 in C-USA play and identical 6-16 overall records. Rule changes to the championship format for 2014 find both the Mean Green and FIU in a dogfight to stay in contention for a slot in the conference tournament, as only the top eight qualify. In the C-USA preseason poll, North Texas was picked fourth while FIU was projected to finish just out of tournament contention in the 9th slot.
- The Mean Green is 4-12 in the all-time series with the Panthers dating back to 2000, with the last match being won by FIU, 3-0, in 2013.
- Junior outside hitter Carnae Dillard looks to continue leading not only the Mean Green but the conference and nation as well. Dillard has recorded a NCAA-leading 16 double-doubles so far this season. She also currently ranks among the top five in four other statistical categories (5.25 kills per set, 5.71 points per set, 1015 total attacks, 420 total kills). All of which lead Conference USA.
Around the Conference:
Oct. 26, 2014
- UTEP at Marshall - 11:30 a.m.
- Florida Atlantic at WKU - 12 p.m.
- UTSA at Charlotte - 12 p.m.
- LA Tech at Southern Miss - 1 p.m.
- UAB at Rice - 1 p.m.