Volleyball Preview: at Louisiana Tech
North Texas Looks to Bounce Back on the Road Against Last Place LA Tech
Match #22: North Texas (12-9, 3-5 C-USA) at Louisiana Tech (8-13, 0-7 C-USA)
Thomas Assembly Center (8000) - Ruston, Louisiana
Sunday, Oct. 19, 2:00 p.m. CT
Live Stats: MeanGreenStats.com (Free)
Live Audio: N/A
Live Video: LA Tech All-Access Online ($)
- North Texas is looking to halt its current three game losing skid after road losses to Southern Miss and Western Kentucky last weekend. The Mean Green's longest conference losing streak in 2013 was a span of three games.
- The Mean Green has struggled this season on the road with a 3-4 record. North Texas will have an opportunity to pick up its first road win in Conference USA play this year.
- Currently, the Mean Green sits in a three way tie for the 8th spot in the Conference USA standings with UAB and Middle Tennessee. A rough start has found LA Tech at the bottom of the leauge, still searching for their first conference win this season. Rule changes to the championship format for 2014 find the Mean Green in a dogfight to claim the eighth and final slot in the conference tournament. In the C-USA preseason poll, North Texas was picked fourth and Charlotte was slated to finish right on pace with their current standing.
- The Mean Green is 6-12 in the all-time series with the Lady Techsters dating back to 1990, with the last match being won by North Texas in a three set home sweep just a few weeks ago.
- Junior outside hitter Carnae Dillard looks to continue leading not only the Mean Green but the conference and nation as well. Dillard has recorded 15 double-doubles so far this season, good for the second best tally in the nation, only needing one more to tie the lead. She also currently ranks among the top five in four other statistical categories (5.32 kills per set, 5.77 points per set, 931 total attacks, 388 total kills). All of which lead Conference USA.
- North Texas brings along extra inspiration to Ruston with them. North Texas senior Camille Cherry lost her mom tragically in a car wreck while she was on her way to the October 3rd match between the Mean Green and LA Tech in Denton. Coaches and players have expressed their desire to be a part of a team that plays for something bigger than themselves. Follow the inspiration born from a tragic story with #CamStrong on Twitter.
Around the Conference:
Oct. 19, 2014
- Middle Tennessee at FAU - 11:00 a.m.
- Charlotte at Marshall - 12 p.m.
- Southern Miss at FIU - 12 p.m.
- Rice at UTSA - 1 p.m.
- WKU at UTEP - 1 p.m.