Volleyball Preview: Charlotte
North Texas Returns Home Looking to End Two Game Skid
Match #21: Charlotte (12-12, 1-6 C-USA) at North Texas (12-8, 3-4 C-USA)
North Texas Volleyball Center (600) - Denton, Texas
Friday, Oct. 17, 7:00 p.m. CT
Live Stats: MeanGreenStats.com (Free)
Live Audio: MeanGreen All-Access Online Play-by-Play($) (Evan Nemic on the call)
Live Video: MeanGreen All-Access Online ($)
Game Promotions: Hawaiian Night
Make sure to wear your hawaiian shirts and hula skirts to the match to support your Mean Green volleyball team when they take on Charlotte on Hawaiian Night! Colorful leis will be handed for FREE to fans in attendance, while supplies last.
- North Texas is looking to halt its current two game losing skid after road losses to Southern Miss and Western Kentucky last weekend. The Mean Green is now 3-4 on the road compared to their impressive 7-2 record at home. When playing inside the intimidating atmosphere of the North Texas Volleyball Center, the Mean Green enjoys a homecourt advantage that has led to 32 wins and only 8 losses since 2012.
- Currently, the Mean Green hold the 8th spot in the Conference USA standings while a rough start has found Charlotte second from the bottom in the leauge. In the C-USA preseason poll, North Texas was picked fourth and Charlotte was slated to finish right on pace with their current standing.
- The Mean Green is 2-0 in the all-time series with the 49ers dating back to 2005, with the last match being won by North Texas in a three set home sweep just last year.
- Junior outside hitter Carnae Dillard looks to continue leading not only the Mean Green but the conference and nation as well. Dillard has recorded 14 double-doubles so far this season, good for the second best tally in the nation, only needing one more to tie the lead. She also currently ranks among the top five in four other statistical categories (5.32 kills per set, 5.77 points per set, 931 total attacks, 388 total kills). All of which lead Conference USA.
- North Texas brings their inspiration back home to Denton with them. Coaches and players have expressed their desire to be a part of a team that plays for something bigger than themselves. Follow the inspiration born from a tragic story with #CamStrong on Twitter.
Around the Conference:
Oct. 17, 2014
- UAB at Marshall - 4:30 p.m.
- Middle Tennessee at FIU - 5 p.m.
- Southern Miss at Florida Atlantic - 6 p.m.
- Western Kentucky at UTSA - 7 p.m.
- Rice at UTEP - 8 p.m.