DENTON (4/16/05) -- The North Texas women’s tennis team (13-10) fell 7-0 to No. 63 SMU (15-9) on Saturday at Goldfield Tennis Center in its regular-season finale.
The Mustangs were the seventh nationally ranked opponent North Texas has played this season and came into the match winners in six of their last seven matches. The Mean Green finished the regular season with a 7-5 home record.
Three North Texas seniors made their final home appearance for the Mean Green, including Holly Lee, Krysta Lee and Ashley Sammis.
The Mean Green completed the regular season with a 3-3 record over its last six matches as it heads into the Sun Belt Conference Tournament on April 22.
No. 63 SMU, 7
North Texas, 0
1. Lynsie Jones/Kouzmenko (SMU) d. Harris/K. Lee (NT), 8-4
2. Langer/Leuszler (SMU) d. Royer/Sammis (NT), 8-2
3. B. Rambally/H. Rambally (SMU) d. Aba Butain/Schmulbach (NT), 8-6
1. Svetalana Kouzmenko (SMU) d. Krysta Lee (NT), 6-4, 6-2
2. Jenny Langer (SMU) d. Kelli Royer (NT), 6-2, 6-3
3. Jennifer Chay (SMU) d. Katherine Harris (NT), 6-1, 6-1
4. Allison Leuszler (SMU) d. Megan Schmulbach (NT), 6-4, 6-4
5. Halley Rambally (SMU) d. Ashley Sammis (NT), 6-4, 6-2
6. Brooke Rambally (SMU) d. Aziza Aba Butain (NT), 6-2, 6-2