NT WBB Postgame Notes
Game 15, Home Game 7#$%^North Texas 57, Troy 36#$%^North Texas Mean Green (9-6, 2-0 Sun Belt), Troy Trojans (1-12, 0-2 Sun Belt)#$%^December 31, 2011 - 1 p.m.#$%^The Super Pit#$%^Denton, Texas
North Texas 57, Troy 36
North Texas Mean Green (9-6, 2-0 Sun Belt), Troy Trojans (1-12, 0-2 Sun Belt)
December 31, 2011 - 1 p.m.
The Super Pit
Next Game: The Mean Green open up the new year at South Alabama on January 4th at 7:05 p.m.
- Start 2-0 in the SBC for the third time in program history
- North Texas largest lead of the game was 25 points, a season best. North Texas' largest lead previous to today was 21 points against UTA.
- Ties for fourth fewest points allowed, lowest allowed since February 25, 2006
-The Mean Green held Troy to 13 points at the half, which is the fewest points by a North Texas opponent this season.
- In the entire game, North Texas held Troy to opponent game-lows in points (36), field-goal percentage (19 percent) and number of field goals (10).
- North Texas pulled down 53 rebound in the game, one shy of tying the season high.
- The Trojans made more free throws (11) than field goals (10)
- Out rebounded Troy 53-31 and outscored them 22-4 in the paint
- Led as much by 25 points, a season-high
- Held the Trojans without a field goal until 12:58 left in the first half
- North Texas has collected double digit offensive rebounds in every game this season. The 21 offensive boards this afternoon is the third most of the season.
- Opened the game on a 14-0 run, the largest point run of the season
- Tied her career high in points (18) set in her previous game against UALR
- Shot perfectly from the free throw line (8-8)
- Grabbed eight rebounds, five of them offensive
- Finished with 11 points, the 10th time to score double-digit points this season
- Registered her ninth game in a row scoring nine or more points.
- Scored 10 points, the 11th time in 15 games to score double-digit points this season
- Registered eight rebounds, a steal, assist, and block
- Registered her first career points against Troy; a jumper with 1:08 left in the game.
- Pulled down eight rebounds, the second most in a single game in her career.