Game 9, Home Game 4
North Texas 69, Alabama 63
North Texas Mean Green (7-2), Alabama Crimson Tide (7-3)
December 7, 2011 - 7 p.m.
NEXT GAME: North Texas takes on Tulane this Friday, December 9th, at 7 p.m. at the Super Pit in Denton, Texas.
- First victory over Alabama and a Southeastern Conference team member. North Texas already earned its first-ever win over the Mountain West and first win since 1998 against the Pac-12 this season.
- Tied for the second best record through nine games in program history at 7-2 (best was 2000-01 at 8-1)
- Outrebounded Alabama 45-31
- Went into halftime leading Alabama 32-30 after Braylah Blakely's go-ahead layup with 3 seconds left
- Scored 11 points off 11 Crimson Tide turnovers in the 1st half
- Shot 25 for 33 (75.8%) from the free throw line compared 11 for 26 (42.3%)
- Set new season and career-high in points (eight) and rebounds (six)
- Scored 13 points (8.6 avg.) and grabbed season-high 6 rebounds, one shy of tying her career-high
- Ended with seven points and six rebounds
- Passed Erika Bobo for 9th on NT's career list in rebounds and needs six more to tie Diane Williams for 8th
- Recorded her first two blocks of the year
- Finished with 9 points and 13 rebounds, one point shy of her third double-double of the season
- Went 6-6 from the free throw line extending her streak to (32 for 33), entered the game 2nd in the nation shooting 96.7%
- Tied her season-high with 9 points
- Scored a new career-high 10 points (previously six)