Freshmen Fun Facts
Get To Know The North Texas Freshmen
Oct. 30, 2016
DENTON — Headed into its most anticipated season, North Texas added four freshmen to their roster who could all play significant roles.
Here are a few notes on the four freshmen.
- This year's freshman class is North Texas' largest since the 2012-13 season.
- Adrianna Henderson is the first North Texas women's basketball player from Kansas since Shannon Bloxom in 1992.
- Standing at 6-foot-3, Hannah Hopkins is the tallest Mean Green freshman since Brittani Bailey in 2007-08.
- Madi Townley only lost seven games in four years at powerhouse Duncanville High School and won a state title as a senior after an undeafted season.
- Jada Poland is the all-time leading scorer at Fort Zumwalt West High School in St. Louis. She also set the record for most points scored in a single game with 40.
- Henderson averaged 22 points per game as a junior and 21 points per game as a senior at Topeka High School in Topeka, Kansas.
- Houston area native, Hopkins, was named District 16-6A Defensive MVP and academic first team as a senior.
- LebBron James is Poland's favorite professional player.
- Growing up, Hopkins also swam and played volleyball.
- If she could play one-on-one versus anyone Henderson would play Kobe Bryant. She says she could take him.
- Nothing grinds Poland's gears more than when Chipotle is out of the food she wants.
- Hopkins' secret talent is cooking.
- Townley's favorite movies are Tangled and Frozen.
- If you're in Topeka, Henderson says the best place to eat is El Mezal.
- Interested in the human body, Townley chose Kinesiology as her major.
- Poland's favorite spot in St. Louis is the The Loop.
- Hopkins' favorite TV show is Bob's Burgers.