NT Going To Digital Tickets For Students, Recent Grads
Students Can Now Use Their Cellphones To Obtain, Use Tickets
DENTON - Admission to North Texas athletic events has long been free for UNT students. Now it's completely digital.
The North Texas Athletic Department is doing away with using printed student tickets and student IDs for access to Mean Green football and basketball games, and is going to a digital ticketing system that will exclusively use students' iPhone or Android devices.
Admission to Mean Green football and basketball games remains free for UNT students. But instead of picking up paper football tickets on campus in the week leading up to a home football game or showing a student ID at the gate, students will now obtain digital tickets and gain entrance to Apogee Stadium and the Super Pit with their smart phones.
The system will also be available for admission to home football games for last year’s UNT graduates (from December 2016, May 2017 and Summer 2017), who are eligible for two free season tickets in Apogee Stadium's Young Alumni section.
"We don't want to just keep up with the trends in college athletics, we want to be at the forefront," North Texas Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics and director of athletics Wren Baker said. "Our goal is to make attending games easy and convenient for UNT students."
The technology for the digital tickets is provided by Experience, an award-winning mobile technology company out of Atlanta. Experience has more than 350 sports and entertainment clients, including 50 NCAA universities and 15 conferences and bowl games, as well as 15 NFL teams, 26 Major League Baseball teams, 27 NBA teams, and 23 NHL teams.
"Our partnership with Experience aligns with our vision to be technologically innovative," Baker said. "Our multi-year deal with Experience will help increase student involvement in Mean Green athletics."
For UNT Students
Registration and use of the system is free and is accessed by following these instructions:
- Step 1: Go to MeanGreenStudentTickets.com on your iPhone or Android and login using your UNT.edu email address.
- Step 2: In the Fan Hub section of the Experience app, tap Show Ticket to see upcoming Mean Green games. Select the games you want to attend.
- Step 3: A barcode will be displayed for the selected game. The barcode will become clearly visible prior to each game.
- Step 4: On game day, students will receive a text with their online ticket. Students then have the barcode on their phone scanned at Gate 4 of Apogee Stadium.
Complete information and step-by-step instructions for students are available on the North Texas Ticket Office student page.
For those students without a smart phone or experiencing technical difficulties with their phone on game day, the Athletic Department has procedures in place to get those students into games as long as student seating is available.
Students are also able to purchase guest tickets on their mobile device at MeanGreenStudentGuest.com, which is also powered by Experience.
The digital mobile-based ticketing does not apply to other sports. Student admission to soccer, volleyball and softball games, for example, is still gained by showing a valid student ID.
For Recent Grads
Recent Grads (UNT graduates from December 2016, May 2017 and Summer 2017) will use essentially the same system but accessed through a different website:
- Step 1: Go to MeanGreenRecentGrad.com on your iPhone or Android and login using your email address and mobile phone number.
- Step 2: In the Fan Hub, tap Show Ticket to see upcoming Mean Green games. Select the games you want to attend.
- Step 3: A barcode will be displayed for your game. The barcode will become clearly visible prior to each game.
- Step 4: Approximately 24 hours prior to each game, you will receive a text with your ticket. Scan the barcode at any gate of Apogee Stadium.
Complete information and step-by-step instructions for Recent Grads are available on the newly-created North Texas Ticket Office Young Alumni page.