Jan. 17, 2014
Game 17 - UTSA
North Texas (7-9, 1-2) vs. UTSA (10-6, 1-2)
Jan. 18, 2014 • 2 p.m. CST
DENTON, Texas • The Super Pit (10,388)
Radio • Steven Bartolotta & Tim McNamara
MGRN • 88.1 KNTU-FM, 95.3 KHYI-FM
Mean Green Storylines
• Old Hunting Buddies
North Texas got a much-needed boost from some of its veterans off the bench. Senior captain Laura McCoy (13pts) and sophomore Alexis Hyder (18pts) combined for 31 points, each scoring season highs and helping the Mean Green hold a 41-18 edge in bench points in the win over Marshall.
• C-USA Milestone
NT’s first season in C-USA league play has begun and it opened with a losses to old Sun Belt foe Middle Tennessee and Charlotte. But, in its first C-USA home game, NT knocked off Marshall to grab its first C-USA victory.
• Janis Lately
Since breaking out at N. Colorado, Peterson is averaging 14.1 points per game over her last seven outings and is shooting 40 percent from range. She also notched a career-high 36 minutes against Cameron.
• Quick Hitters from Marshall
- North Texas and Marshall were tied at the half, the first time that the Mean Green has been tied at the half this season.
- North Texas started the second half by making seven of its first 14 shots to take a 42-34 lead. The
50 percent shooting led to a 17-9 run to start the game, including a 7-0 spread.
- Laura McCoy scored a season-high 13 points in the game. It is her first points since Dec. 21, a span of four games, and her first double-figure game since Dec. 04. She went 3-for-8 from 3-point range, her first 3-pointers since the Dec. 21 game.
- Alexis Hyder scored a season-high 18 points from off the bench. She led the team with nine points at the half and finished with 18 points.