DENTON - Two members of the Mean Green's New Orleans Bowl teams, the first North Texas player to be drafted by the NFL, one of NT soccer's most decorated players, and the third-winningest coach in Mean Green football history headline the 2013 class to be inducted into the North Texas Athletics Hall of Fame on April 12.
The Hall of Fame Induction ceremony will take place Saturday, April 12, at 11:30 a.m., prior to the Green-White spring football game, in the Hub International club level of Apogee Stadium. The event has been sold out.
The 2013 Hall of Fame class to be honored:
• Jim Cooper, the first North Texas player to be drafted by the NFL, in 1948;
• Scott Hall, who quarterbacked the North Texas football team to its first Sun Belt championship and its first bowl game in 41 years;
• Heather Hutyra, a three-time all-conference selection who ranks No. 2 in goals scored all-time in North Texas women's soccer;
• Corky Nelson, who coached the North Texas football team from 1982 to 1990 and owns the third most wins (48) in the program's history, behind Odus Mitchell and Jack Sisco;
• Cody Spencer, the top linebacker on North Texas' Sun-Belt championship teams and a member of the North Texas All-Century football team;
• Ernie Kuehne, the recipient of the 2013 Fred McCain Award, presented to individuals whose contributions and efforts advance the North Texas athletics program.
The induction ceremony will conclude at approximately 1 p.m., and will be followed by the Green-White spring football game at 2 p.m. Doors to the club level will open at 10:30 a.m.