University Of North Texas Football
Walk-On Procedures—January 2015
The Walk-On Program at UNT is an important component in the overall development of our program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
1. Selection of walk-ons will be based strictly upon the team's positional needs at the time.
2. Interested candidates MUST PICK-UP information packets in the FB Office on Fri. 1/16 or Mon. 1/19 before 2 pm. To help the process you should have proof of medical insurance and a physical exam performed within the last 6 months.
3. Tryout date will announced when packets are picked up & satisfactorily completed.
1. Candidates must be a full-time student at UNT or have applied and been admitted for spring semester 2015.
2. Must be certified as a Final Qualifier through the NCAA Eligibility Center-register at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org
3. Must send an email with a link to your highlights to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to the same email address.
5. If you only have a highlight disc, send via US Postal service to: UNT Football, 1155 Union Cir. #311397, Denton, TX 76203. Allow at least 5 working days for it be received in our office.
6. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS--you must be carrying at least 12 hours and a minimum of a 2.25 gpa. Also, please provide the information listed above.
1. Four-year college transfers, per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: email@example.com Once we have received this document we can have normal communication.
2. Transfers must complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.
*PLEASE SEND ALL EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Nov. 7, 2014