University Of North Texas Football
The Walk-On Program at UNT is an important component in the overall development of our program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
FALL 2015 WALK-ONS
1. Selection of walk-ons will be based strictly upon the team's positional needs at that time.
- Interested candidates MUST PICK-UP information packets in the FB Office on Fri. 8/21 or Mon. 8/24 before 2 pm. To help the process you should have proof of medical insurance and a physical exam performed within the last 6 months.
- Tryout date/time will announced when packets are returned and satisfactorily completed.
- Candidates must be a full-time student at UNT or have applied and been admitted for FALL semester 2015.
- 2. Must send an email with a link to your highlights to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to email@example.com
- CURRENT UNT STUDENTS: Please provide the information listed above. Also, you must be carrying at least 12 hours and a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.
- Your daily class schedule must allow you to be in meetings/practice from 2-6 pm.
1. Four-year college transfers, per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: firstname.lastname@example.org When this document has been received we can have normal communication.
- Transfers must also complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.
*PLEASE SEND ALL EMAIL TO: email@example.com