University Of North Texas Football Walk-On Procedures -- Fall 2014
The Walk-On Program at North Texas is an important component in the overall development of our program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
- Selection of walk-ons will be based upon the team's positional needs at that time.
- Interested candidates MUST PICK-UP information packets in the FB Office on Fri. 8/22 or Mon. 8/25 before 2 pm. To help the process you should have proof of medical insurance and a physical exam performed within the last 6 months.
- Tryout date will announced when packets are picked up in our office and satisfactorily completed.
- Candidates must have applied and been admitted to North Texas.
- Must be certified as a Final Qualifier through the NCAA Eligibility Center; you can register at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org
- Must send an email with a link to your highlights to: email@example.com
- Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to the same email address.
- If you only have a highlight disc, send via US Postal service to: UNT Football, 1155 Union Cir. #311397, Denton, TX 76203. Allow at least 5 working days for it be received in our office.
- CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS--you must be enrolled full-time, carrying at least 12 hours, and provide the information listed above.
- CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS-must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum 2.25 GPA.
- Four-year college transfers--per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received this document we can have normal communication.
- Transfers must complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.
*PLEASE SEND ALL EMAIL TO: email@example.com
**July 30, 2014
Mean Green Online Store
Official Merchandise of Mean Green Athletics