North Texas Football
1301 S. Bonnie Brae St. • Denton, TX 76207
Office 940-565-3653 • Fax 940-565-3470
FOOTBALL WALK-ON POLICY
The walk-on program at North Texas is an important component in the development of Mean Green football. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered to walk-on to the team.
- Tryout Routing Form and New Student-Athlete Packet can be picked up in the Football Office in the Athletic Center beginning Monday, August 21, 2017, from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Fill out UNT Questionnaire in football office.
- Return completed Medical Packet, copy of health insurance card, and physical to Sports Medicine (Jeff Smith or Dan Riegle) by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Return completed Tryout Form to Scotty Conley in the football office by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
- Tryout will be held on Monday, August 28, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. in Apogee Stadium.
- Bring your own work-out gear (shorts, t-shirt, cleats).
- Must have played high school football
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 12 hours at UNT (full-time student).
- All candidates are subject to a full background check.
- Class schedule must allow you to attend all practices, meetings, lifting.
- ALL PRACTICES, MEETINGS, LIFTING WILL BE IN MORNINGS. DO NOT ENROLL IN A CLASS THAT BEGINS BEFORE 1 P.M. Monday is Day Off
- Participation in the tryout does not guarantee you a roster spot.
- Mandatory to have a copy of Standard Physical performed within 6 months of the August 28, 2017 tryout and proof of health insurance. See Kay Johnson (Athletic Center 265J) if you need to purchase temporary insurance.
Current University of North Texas Students
- Must be in good academic standing (2.25 GPA or above).
- Must have at least two years of eligibility remaining.
Graduating High School Seniors
- You must be accepted and enrolled at the University of North Texas.
- Feel free to have your high school coach call Scotty Conley, director of high school relations, on your behalf at 940-565-3663.
- Must meet all NCAA transfer rules and regulations.
- Our compliance office must have your official release from your previous school (if transferring from a four-year school).
- Must be in good academic standing (2.25 GPA or above)