The North Texas football coaches take their Walk-On Program very seriously. It's been a source of great players in the past and the coaches fully expect that tradition to continue.
Walk-On Procedures—Fall 2013
The Walk-On Program at North Texas is an important component in the overall development of our program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
1. Candidates must have applied and been admitted to North Texas.
2. Must be certified as a Final Qualifier through the NCAA Eligibility Center-register at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org
3. Must send an email with a link to your highlights to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to the same email address.
5. If you only have a highlight disc, send via US Postal service to: UNT Football, 1155 Union Cir. #311397, Denton, TX 76203. Allow at least 5 working days for it be received in our office.
6. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS--you must be enrolled full-time, carrying at least 12 hours, and provide the information listed above.
7. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS-must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum 2.25 GPA
1. Selection of walk-ons will be based upon the team's positional needs at that time.
2. Interested candidates who have completed the above procedures should pick up informational packets on MONDAY, AUG. 26th, 2013 in the Football Office. CANDIDATES MUST SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE & RETURN THE PACKET OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRYOUT.
3. Tryout date will announced when packets are picked up on Mon., Aug. 26th.
1. Four-year college transfers--per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: email@example.com Once we have received this document we can have normal communication.
2. Transfers must complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.