North Texas Mean Green (1-3) 7 vs. Troy Trojans (2-2) 14
Saturday, September 22, 2012, 6 p.m.
Apogee Stadium, Denton, Texas
Attendance: 21,823 (Third largest in Apogee Stadium history)
NEXT GAME: North Texas heads back to the road to face Florida Atlantic in Boca Raton, Fla. on Sept. 29. Kickoff is slated for 4 p.m. Central.
- Brelan Chancellor moved into eighth place in North Texas history in career all-purpose yards. The junior posted 143 all-purpose yards against Troy on Saturday night, and now has 3,093 for his career.
- Ivan Delgado posted a career-high in receiving yards with 126 on six catches. Brelan Chancellor caught six passes for 107 yards, which are both just short of his career highs (6 catches vs. Troy in 2011, 114 yards vs. LSU in 2012).
- With Chancellor and Delgado both over 100 yards, North Texas had a pair of 100-yard receivers for the first time since 2007 against Navy (134 by C. Fitzgerald, 127 by K. Washington, 113 by S. Dibrell).
- Chancellor scored the opening touchdown for North Texas on a 50-yard pass from Derek Thompson, which gives him four receiving TDs (and five overall TDs) this year. In fact, Chancellor has every receiving TD for North Texas this year. Last season, Chancellor had three total touchdowns.
- The Derek Thompson to Chancellor 50-yard touchdown strike in the first quarter was the second scoring play of over 50-yards this year for NT. The pair also hooked up for an 80-yard TD pass against LSU.
- Zach Orr’s first-quarter interception was his first of the season, and the second of his career. Orr also had a pick against Houston in the 2011 home opener.
- North Texas held Troy scoreless in the first quarter, which was the first time this season that the Trojans have been shutout in the opening quarter. It was only the second time in 12 quarters this year that Troy had been held scoreless, with the other coming against Mississippi State in the second quarter last week.
- North Texas forced three-and-outs on Troy’s first three possessions. The Mean Green also held Kansas State without a first-down on its first two drives.
- NT held Troy to seven points at the half. In five of the eight games at Apogee Stadium, North Texas has held its opponent to seven points or less at the half.
- The Troy 74-yard third quarter touchdown pass was the longest given up by NT this year, and the longest since Oct. 2, 2010 when Louisiana-Lafayette completed an 82-yard TD pass (Chris Masson to Aaron Spikes).
- North Texas missed its first three field goal attempts of the night (40, 47 & 27). The last time North Texas missed more than three field goals in a game came on Oct. 7, 2006 against FIU, when NT was 5-of-9 during a marathon seven-overtime contest.
- North Texas entered the game 10-of-11 in red-zone opportunities, which is good for 24th in the nation. However, against the Trojans the Mean Green was 0-of-2.