Football -- Practices 18 and 19
Inside the Iron Recap from practice 18 thismorning. Check back later for more and the recap from practice 19.
Notes From Practices #18 and 19
The North Texas Football team saw two-a-days come to and end Monday evening at Fouts Field. With two days left in fall camp, the Mean Green will participate in one practice on each of the next two days leading up to the start of school on Thursday.
- Attire: As expected with the two-a-day format, the team came out in full pads for the first practice, before being seen in shells during the afternoon session.
- The offense came out with an agenda on Monday and was able to execute it. After a week of being dominated by the defense, the offense snapped back with a productive day today.
- Special teams was a big part of this afternoons practice. After going 11-on-11 at the beginning of practice, a good hour was spent fine tuning the special teams units.
- North Texas coaches had the opportunity to test their communication devices this afternoon as the team practiced at Fouts. With the season a little over a week away, everyone on staff is preparing for a productive campaign.
- Place Kicker Jeremy Knott nailed a 47-yard field goal into a swift wind with a few yards to spare.