Notes From Fall Practice #15
The North Texas Football team came out at 10 a.m. on this morning for its only practice of the day. The coaches elected to practice for about two hours and fifteen minutes.
- Attire: It seems monotonous this time of year, but full pads were dawned yet again for the Mean Green in Thursday's lone practice at the North Texas Athletics Center.
- Play of the Day: While running 11-on-11 late game situational drills, safety Ira Smith knocked the ball out of a receiver's hand. Linebacker Kylie Hill then scooped up the ball and took it back for what would have been a game winning touchdown.
- Today was a more balanced practice between the defense and the offense, with both sides getting the better of each other at different times.
- Mean Green Football will hold two practices tomorrow, before having their last scrimmage on Saturday at 8:15 a.m. at Fouts Field. As always, fans and media are encouraged to attend the scrimmages and get a glimpse of the 2009 North Texas Football Team.
- At 6:30 p.m. CST tonight, North Texas Football will be exactly two weeks from kicking off the 2009 season in Muncie, Ind., against Ball State.