Notes From Fall Practices #7 & 8
North Texas Football held their first two-a-day on Friday, practicing at 8:15 a.m. and again at 4 p.m. There was a great deal of intensity during both practices, as the Mean Green gear up for their first scrimmage on Saturday morning at 8:15 at Fouts Field.
- Attire: The team came out in full pads for the morning session and shells for the afternoon.
- For the first time this fall, the coaches elected to commit one full practice to the special teams play. The special teams practice, which took place in the afternoon ran about an hour, and covered every facet of special teams.
- Darius Carey had two really good practices. In the morning session, he hauled in impressive catch after impressive catch. In the afternoon, he returned punts with a quickness and skill that could make him very dangerous.
- Wide out Sam Roberson had an impressive morning as well, collecting a few catches in traffic and breaking a few tackles in the process.
- The offense had a leg up on the defense again today, having their way with the squad early. The defense was able to push back towards the end of the first practice, but could never overtake the offensive firepower.