Football Fall Practice #3
The Mean Green strapped on the shoulder pads for the first time on Monday evening at Fouts Field.
Notes From Practice #3
Inside The Iron Video Recap
Fall Practice #3 Photos
Mean Green Football returned to practice on Monday night after having a day off. Starting in the evening sun and finishing under the lights of Fouts Field, North Texas Football had another good showing.
- Attire: After starting with just helmets the first two practices, the Mean Green stepped up the physicality a notch by throwing their shoulder pads into the mix. The team will be in shells again at tomorrow night's practice which, as always, is open to the public.
- Defensive play of the day: Freshman linebacker Jeremy Phillips jumped on an out route to nearly pick starting quarterback Riley Dodge.
- North Texas ran their first 11-on-11 drills of the 2009 season. Redshirt Freshman quarterback Riley Dodge was able to show some of his playmaking abilities early on in the drill by sidestepping a rusher and taking off for a 70-yard touchdown.
- Junior running back Lance Dunbar had the run of the night, darted through the defensive line and shook two defenders in the secondary before turning on the afterburners and coasting into the end zone.
- Linebacker Julian Herron, a transfer from SMU, participated in his third practice of the year with the Mean Green. He will sit out the season due to NCAA transfer rules but will be eligible in 2010 as a junior.