Fall Practice #2
The Mean Green hit the practice field for the second time during their fall camp on Saturday. Here is a look at what went on during practice #2.
Notes From Fall Practice #2
Photos from Practice #2
"Inside The Iron" Video - Day 2
The North Texas football team continues their fall camp today with one afternoon session. Starting in the mid-afternoon sun, the Mean Green practiced a little over two and a half hours and looked good for the second straight day. There was more vocal intensity during the second practice of the season, as leaders have begun to step up and drive their teammates to unify in order to achieve their lone goal; victory
- Attire: The team came out in helmets and shorts for the second straight day. After getting in the groove over the last two practices, the coaches have elected to put on shells for both Monday and Tuesday's practices and then bring out full contact and pads on Wednesday.
- Catch of the day: Desmond Brigham fully laid out for a pass from Riley Dodge in one-on-one pass drills.
- Defensive play of the day: Adryan Adams came over the top of the intended receiver to deflect a pass away. Providing help, Adams chased down the receiver from 5 yards out.
- Sophomore Brandon Akpunku is becoming a leader on and off the field. "I expect a lot out of my teammates" said Akpunku. "We have to have our mindset in a way that we can go out there and win games. Otherwise we never will."
- Backup quarterback Nathan Tune looked good as he completed several long bombs during defended receiving drills.