Getting To Know: Derail Green
Graduate Transfer Brings Experience To Mean Green Frontcourt
DENTON - The North Texas men's basketball team has been beginning preparations for the 2016-17 season with summer workouts, this week learn about graduate transfer Derail Green.
Green gives the Mean Green a player who can contribute right away after playing two seasons at Incarnate Word, and one season at Wichita State.
"Derail's experience on the collegiate level is one thing that makes him a fit for North Texas," associate head coach Rob Evans said. "He played on Wichita State's final four team, so he knows what it takes to be successful. His ability to shoot from distance helps us open up the floor for our guards, as well as taking pressure off Jeremy Combs."
"He brings three-point shooting, passing, rebounding, and solid defense to this team," added Evans. "We love the fact that he has been here since summer school started, working out with his new teammates. Green will have an immediate and strong impact on this team because of the aforementioned qualities."
Five questions for Green
1. Why did you choose North Texas to continue your basketball career? My comfort level with the coaches was why I made my choice.
2. What is your biggest strength on the basketball court? My ability to stretch the floor and shoot the ball.
3. Favorite basketball memory (high school, college, etc.) My favorite memory was the final four run at Wichita state.
4. Who were your role models growing up? My dad was my biggest role model.
5. Lastly, what song gets you ready to play basketball? Kodak Black- Slayed.