Final 2016-17 Game At Marshall On March 4
North Texas Defeats Roadrunners, 83-73
Freshman Guard Duo Combined To Score 34 Points
North Texas Looking To Snap 10-Game Losing Streak
Reese Leads Mean Green With 17 Points
North Texas 2016-17
• Played in 27 games, started 11
• Averaged 5.1 points per game (138 points) and 4.2 rebounds per game (114 rebounds)
• Finished second on the team with 24 blocks
• Was fourth on the team in free throw percentage at 70.8 percent off 46-for-65
• Five double figure scoring games against Sul Ross (12 points), Drexel (10 points), Texas College (15 points), Southeastern Louisiana (10 points) and Old Dominion (13 points)
• Scored a career-high 15 points against Texas College, earning his second career double-double grabbing 10 rebounds
• Earned a career-high five blocks against Texas College
• Finished with 13 points and had four rebounds against Old Dominion
North Texas 2015-16
• Appeared in 29 games, making his first career starts at Southern Illinois and Creighton.
• Set career highs and recorded his first career double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds against Jarvis Christian.
• Averaged 5.1 points per game (146 points) and 3.6 rebounds per game (103 rebounds).
• Finished the season with a team-high 36 blocks (10th best in single-season school history).
• Recorded a career-high four blocks against Western Kentucky.
• Scored four points in his start against SIU and six points in his start against Creighton.
• Tallied double-digit rebounds for the second time in his career, pulling down 11 rebounds, to go along with four points against UTSA.
• Scored in double figures for the second time against Southern Miss with 11 points off the bench.
• Had 11 points and grabbed five rebounds against ODU, scoring in double-figures for the third time this season.
Pantego Christian HS
• First 7-footer to sign with North Texas since Sean Riley (Nov. of 1994)
• Ranked No. 23 on TexasHoops.com list of Top-25 players in class of 2015
• Broke school record for most points, rebounds and blocks during high school career
• Selected for the Metroplex 24 all-star game (best players in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area)
• Scored 823 points (24.2 points per game) in senior season
• Had 494 rebounds (14.5 per game) and tallied 189 blocks (5.6 per game) in senior season
• Averaged 15.3 points per game and 7.4 rebounds per game as a junior in high school
• Earned TAPPS 1-4A all-district selection
• Played for Gregory “Jazzy” Hartwell at Urban DFW Elite
• Three-star recruit according to ESPN and Rvials.com
• Ranked No. 221 in the country jumping up 11 spots
• Finished with over 1,000 points in high school
• Named first team all-state