Mean Green Begins Conference Season On The Road At Charlotte Dec. 31
Mean Green Sports Revisits Some of the Year's Biggest Highlights
Graduate Transfer Brings Experience To Mean Green Frontcourt
Combs Picks Up Another Accolade For 2015-16 Season
Combs Leads The Team In Scoring At 15.4 Points Per Game
• Started 31 games this season, playing in every game but one.
• Named All-C-USA second team after leading the team in scoring (14.9 points per game) and rebounding (10.5 rebounds per game).
• Named NABC second team All-District
• Became the 38th member of the 400-point season club (461) joining his teammates (Mean Three) - Deckie Johnson and J-Mychal Reese.
• At one point was ranked Top-25 nationally in five different categories with rebounds per game (10.5) being the highest at 11th in the nation.
• Led the team in field goals made (175), FG percentage (60.1), steals (42) and free throws made (111).
• Finished with 325 rebounds (sixth best single-season mark in school history) and 60.1 field goal percentage (seventh best single-season mark in school history)
• Earned 14 double-doubles this season, including 11 against C-USA teams.
• Scored in double figures in 24 of 31 games this season, including 20-point games against Jarvis Christian, UTEP, Rice, Marshall, WKU, at Rice and at Charlotte.
• Had double-digit rebound games in 16 of 31 games this season, including a career-high 19 rebounds against UTEP.
• Scored 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds against Jarvis Christian.
• Had a monster game against UTEP, scoring 20 points and grabbing 19 rebounds.
• His 19 rebounds against UTEP was the most since 2012, when Tony Mitchell pulled down 21 rebounds against FAU.
• Earned his fifth double-double vs. Rice, scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
• Finished with a new career-high 28 points and 18 rebounds against Marshall.
• Had a streak of seven straight double-doubles against seven of the first 10 conference opponents.
• Scored 10-plus points in 16 straight games from Jan. 3 - Feb. 27.
• Had 18 rebounds at LA Tech, including 15 in the first half to pass former NBA standout Kenyon Martin's C-USA record of 186 rebounds in C-USA games only, finished with 205 (12.1 per game).
North Texas 2014-15
• C-USA All-Freshman Team selection (Runner-up for C-USA Freshman of the Year).
• One of just four freshmen in NT history to average at least 10 points and 6.5 rebounds. He joins Kenneth Lyons (1979-80: 17.7, 9.5), Ronnie Morgan (1987-88: 14.9, 10.2) and Tony Mitchell (2011-12: 14.7, 10.3).
• 15 rebounds vs. Rice (3/11/15) are most by any NT player since Tony Mitchell tallied 16 boards (UALR, 2/23/12), and the most by any player in the 2015 C-USA Tournament.
• Racked up five double-digit rebound games and three double-doubles.
• Finished tops among all C-USA freshmen with 6.7 rebounds per game (9th overall) and a 56.1 field goal percentage (7th overall).
• Ninth in C-USA with 2.55 offensive rebounds per game.
• Finished the season strong with 16 points, 15 rebounds in C-USA Tourney vs. Rice.
• Averaged 12.7 points, 8.7 rebounds over season's final three games.
• 13 total double-digit scoring games.
• Second C-USA Freshman of the Week award on Feb. 2 after averaging 15.0 points and 8.0 rebounds on 61.1 percent shooting.
• Posted his second double-double in the win over first-place LA Tech (16 points, 13 rebounds).
• Team-season high 25 points in the win over Langston.
• Named C-USA Freshman of the Week (Nov. 17) for his 17-point, 9-rebound outing in the season opener against Arkansas-Monticello.
• Tallied 23 points, 11 rebounds for a double-double in the exhibition game against Oklahoma City, his first collegiate action.
• HoopScoopOnline.com No. 16 player in Texas.
• Future150.com All-American, and ranked the No. 15 player in Texas and No. 23 power forward in the country.
• Two-time TABC 4A All-State selection (2013, 2014).
• Led all Dallas area 4A players in 2013-14 with 615 total points and 358 total rebounds.
• Ranked third in DFW with 21.2 points per game and second with 12.3 rebounds per game.
• Scored a game-high 25 points in the TABC State All-Star game.
• McDonald All-America nominee.
• District 11-4A Co-MVP in 2013-14, and Offensive MVP in 2012-13.
• Dallas Morning News Player of the Week after averaging 29.5 points and 21.5 rebounds in a pair of district wins.
• Racked up a career-high 31 rebounds in a win over Seagoville.
• As a junior, Combs led all 4A players in Texas with 23.2 points per game and 811 toal points.
• Texas Prep Magazine All-State and Dallas Morning News Third-Team All-Area honoree as a junior.
• USA Today All-USA Performance of the Week after dropping 50 points in a win over North Dallas.
• District 11-4A Co-Sophomore of the Year in 2012.