Final Game For J-Mychal Reese And Derail Green
Final Two Road Games Begin Thursday At WKU
North Texas Will Honor Five Seniors Before Tip-Off
Mean Green Hoping To Qualify For C-USA Tournament
North Texas To Host Four-Straight Home Games
North Texas 2016-17
• Played in 14 games, started 13
• Earned his 18th career double-double with a season-high 21 points and 12 rebounds against UTA
• Scored 15 points against Drexel and added 16 points with nine rebounds against Delaware State
• Went 7-for-9 from the free throw line against Drexel
• Scored in double-figures in seven games
• Grabbed 11 rebounds at Old Dominion
• Finished with 143 points (10.2 per game) and 90 rebounds in 14 games
• Shot 54-of-96 (56.3 percent) and finished the season with nine blocks, 14 steals and seven assists
North Texas 2015-16
• Started 31 games, playing in every game but one.
• Named All-C-USA second team after leading the team in scoring (14.9 points per game) and rebounding (10.5 rebounds per game).
• Named NABC second team All-District
• Became the 38th member of the 400-point season club (461) joining his teammates (Mean Three) - Deckie Johnson and J-Mychal Reese.
• At one point was ranked Top-25 nationally in five different categories with rebounds per game (10.5) being the highest at 11th in the nation.
• Led the team in field goals made (175), FG percentage (60.1), steals (42) and free throws made (111).
• Finished with 325 rebounds (sixth best single-season mark in school history) and 60.1 field goal percentage (seventh best single-season mark in school history)
• Earned 14 double-doubles this season, including 11 against C-USA teams.
• Scored in double figures in 24 of 31 games this season, including 20-point games against Jarvis Christian, UTEP, Rice, Marshall, WKU, at Rice and at Charlotte.
• Had double-digit rebound games in 16 of 31 games this season, including a career-high 19 rebounds against UTEP.
• Scored 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds against Jarvis Christian.
• Had a monster game against UTEP, scoring 20 points and grabbing 19 rebounds.
• His 19 rebounds against UTEP was the most since 2012, when Tony Mitchell pulled down 21 rebounds against FAU.
• Earned his fifth double-double vs. Rice, scored 22 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.
• Finished with a new career-high 28 points and 18 rebounds against Marshall.
• Had a streak of seven straight double-doubles against seven of the first 10 conference opponents.
• Scored 10-plus points in 16 straight games from Jan. 3 - Feb. 27.
• Had 18 rebounds at LA Tech, including 15 in the first half to pass former NBA standout Kenyon Martin's C-USA record of 186 rebounds in C-USA games only, finished with 205 (12.1 per game).
North Texas 2014-15
• C-USA All-Freshman Team selection (Runner-up for C-USA Freshman of the Year).
• One of just four freshmen in NT history to average at least 10 points and 6.5 rebounds. He joins Kenneth Lyons (1979-80: 17.7, 9.5), Ronnie Morgan (1987-88: 14.9, 10.2) and Tony Mitchell (2011-12: 14.7, 10.3).
• 15 rebounds vs. Rice (3/11/15) are most by any NT player since Tony Mitchell tallied 16 boards (UALR, 2/23/12), and the most by any player in the 2015 C-USA Tournament.
• Racked up five double-digit rebound games and three double-doubles.
• Finished tops among all C-USA freshmen with 6.7 rebounds per game (9th overall) and a 56.1 field goal percentage (7th overall).
• Ninth in C-USA with 2.55 offensive rebounds per game.
• Finished the season strong with 16 points, 15 rebounds in C-USA Tourney vs. Rice.
• Averaged 12.7 points, 8.7 rebounds over season's final three games.
• 13 total double-digit scoring games.
• Second C-USA Freshman of the Week award on Feb. 2 after averaging 15.0 points and 8.0 rebounds on 61.1 percent shooting.
• Posted his second double-double in the win over first-place LA Tech (16 points, 13 rebounds).
• Team-season high 25 points in the win over Langston.
• Named C-USA Freshman of the Week (Nov. 17) for his 17-point, 9-rebound outing in the season opener against Arkansas-Monticello.
• Tallied 23 points, 11 rebounds for a double-double in the exhibition game against Oklahoma City, his first collegiate action.
• HoopScoopOnline.com No. 16 player in Texas.
• Future150.com All-American, and ranked the No. 15 player in Texas and No. 23 power forward in the country.
• Two-time TABC 4A All-State selection (2013, 2014).
• Led all Dallas area 4A players in 2013-14 with 615 total points and 358 total rebounds.
• Ranked third in DFW with 21.2 points per game and second with 12.3 rebounds per game.
• Scored a game-high 25 points in the TABC State All-Star game.
• McDonald All-America nominee.
• District 11-4A Co-MVP in 2013-14, and Offensive MVP in 2012-13.
• Dallas Morning News Player of the Week after averaging 29.5 points and 21.5 rebounds in a pair of district wins.
• Racked up a career-high 31 rebounds in a win over Seagoville.
• As a junior, Combs led all 4A players in Texas with 23.2 points per game and 811 toal points.
• Texas Prep Magazine All-State and Dallas Morning News Third-Team All-Area honoree as a junior.
• USA Today All-USA Performance of the Week after dropping 50 points in a win over North Dallas.
• District 11-4A Co-Sophomore of the Year in 2012.