North Texas Basketball Will Be Introduced To Fans Oct. 20
Season Opener Against Sul Ross State Nov. 11 At 7 PM
Men's Basketball Is 39 Days Away From Its Season Opener On Nov. 11
Mean Green Begins Conference Season On The Road At Charlotte Dec. 31
Mean Green Sports Revisits Some of the Year's Biggest Highlights
• Started all 32 games, the only player on the team to do so.
• Has scored in double figures in 26 of 32 games, including a stretch of eight consecutive games in double figures and five 20-point games.
• Became the 39th member of the 400-point season club (471) joining his teammates (Mean Three) - Jeremy Combs and Deckie Johnson.
• Second on the team in scoring at 14.7 points per game and led the team in total points (471).
• Finished with 118 assists on the season and was two shy of 10th best single-season mark in school history.
• Second on the team in field goals (164), third in three pointers (38), second in free throws (105) and second in free throw percentage (76.1) off 105 for 138.
• Scored a career-high 25 points on 10-of-16 shooting at Southern Illinois.
• Also scored 20 points at Creighton.
• Scored 17 points and grabbed a career-high six rebounds and dished out a career-high nine assists at UTEP.
• Led the team with 23 points and dished out seven assists against Western Kentucky.
• Scored 20 points with four assists and hit a half-court buzzer-beating three pointer to end the half at Middle Tennessee.
• Finished with 23 points, dished out five assists on the road at Rice.
• Poured in 19 points with four assists and a perfect eight of eight from the free throw line against Southern Miss.
• First NT player to dish out 100 or more assists since Chris Jones in 2013-14.
North Texas 2014-15
• Sat out the season due to NCAA transfer rules.
• Played 39 games for Texas A&M over the last two seasons and earned 25 starts.
• Poured in 6.3 points and 1.8 assists per game while shooting 37.1 percent from three-point range for the Aggies.
• Solid freshman campaign - ranked 5th at Texas A&M with 6.2 points per game. Averaged 26.2 minutes, with action in every game.
• Also tallied 2.3 boards and 1.9 assists per game as a frosh.
• Scored a season-high 15 points on four occasions.
• Racked up a season-best six assists in two games.
• In all, Reece had 10 double-digit scoring games for the Aggies.
• Scored six of the Aggies' eight points in overtime in the win at Mississippi State on Jan. 30, 2013.
• Shot 74.5 percent from the free throw line for his career at A&M.
• Was a consensus national top 100 recruit and 4-star prospect coming out of Bryan HS.
• ESPN.com's top rated point guard in Texas, and the 7th best point guard in the nation in 2012.
• ESPN.com 6th ranked overall player in Texas, and 54th best in the country.
• Three-time Texas Association of Basketball Coaches All-State.
• Averaged 28.3 points, 6.1 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 2.5 steals as a junior at Bryan.
• Two-time district MVP in high school.