First Conference USA Home Game Set For 7 PM Tip-Off
Hoops Standout Colin Voss Nailed His NFL Pre-Draft Workout From Apogee Stadium
Former All-State Tight End Shows Off His Skills At Apogee Stadium
Voss Could Have Played Tight End In The Big 10, But Basketball Had His Heart
Bulldogs Shoot 42 Free Throws In 90-75 NT Loss In Ruston
A two sport star in high school, Colin Voss had to make a choice. Which sport would he pursue a college career in. Inside his journey to the hNorth Texas hardwood.
MBB: Look Back At 2013-14 Season - Mean Green Prepared For First C-USA Tournament
MBB: March 6 Game Highlights - North Texas vs. Tulsa
MBB: March 2 Game Highlights - North Texas vs. UTEP
MBB: February 15 Game Highlights - North Texas vs. East Carolina
North Texas 2014-15 North Texas 2013-14 Northern Oklahoma
Ranked 47th in the nation in assists by players 6-7 or taller (1.9 APG).
• Posted 58 assists on the year, third most ever by an NT forward (most since Jesse Ratliff had 75 in 1992-93).
• 1.23 assist/turnover ratio best by an NT forward this century.
• Hit 25 straight free throws over an eight-game span.
• Shot 80.8 percent from the free-throw line, which led NT and ranked 7th in C-USA.
• Ranked 17th in C-USA with 5.8 rebounds per game, and 15th in the league with a 48.2 field goal percentage.
• Totaled 34 assists to just 12 turnovers (2.8 A/TO) over the year's final 12 games.
• Tallied 21 of his 24 blocks in C-USA play, and ranked 15th in the league with 0.77 blocks per game.
• Six assists at FIU are the most by an NT forward since George Odufuwa in 2010-11.
• Started 46 of his last 47 games, and started 59 in his career at NT.
• 24 career double-digit scoring games, including a career-high 22-point outing at Florida Atlantic.
• MTSU game capped five game stretch of team-high 15 assists and just four turnovers.
• Posted five assists in the win over Rice.
• Helped seal win over Creighton with team-high 16 points.
Fourth career double-double with 10 points, 10 rebounds against Langston.
Vastly improved free throw shooting from junior to senior season.
North Texas' second leading rebounder at 5.8 boards per game.
Ranked 14th in C-USA play with a field goal percentage of 49.5.
Led NT with 29 starts on the season.
Tallied three double-doubles and 10 double-digit scoring games.
Double-double at Rice featured 11 points and 10 boards.
Posted back-to-back double-doubles against Central Arkansas (13 points, 11 rebounds) and Wayland Baptist (18 points, 10 rebounds).
Hit 14 of his last 15 free throw attempts on the year.
Career-best 12 boards against Southeastern Louisiana.
Miraculous recovery from a preseason quad injury to return in time for the season opener.
Named a second-team NJCAA All-American after leading Northern Oklahoma College-Tonkawa with 11.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game, which ranked 84th in the country.
Shot 56.8 percent from the floor, and averaged 1.6 assists and 1.0 steals per game.
Posted 21 games with at least 10 points, and reached the 20-point plateau three times.
A starter in all 31 games, Voss led Northern Oklahoma to a 22-4 record and winning streaks of 12 and 14 games.
Voss played in 29 games for Central Michigan as a freshman in 2010-11, and averaged 1.1 points and 1.3 rebounds per game.
He posted a then-career high outing of 10 points and five boards against Ohio.
An injury forced him to redshirt in 2011-12, and he transferred to Northern Oklahoma for the following season.
East Grand Rapids High School
He earned second-team all-state honors from the Detroit Free Press as a junior at East Grand Rapids High School, and was a standout two-sport athlete.
In fact, Voss won four football state titles under his father's coaching, and received several scholarship offers to play football.
North Texas 2013-14 Northern Oklahoma