Cross Country Raising Money For Training Camp Initiative
Mean Green Looking To Kick-Off 2016 Season With Team Bonding Training Camp
DENTON - The 2016 men's and women's cross country teams are working to raise $4,000 to kick-start training for the upcoming season by training four days in the Arkansas mountains Aug. 17-21.
The purpose of the training camp is to train on tougher hills with cooler temperatures conducive to better preparation for the cross country competition that will begin 12 days later.
This would give the team a chance to build together as a team and instill a strong winning team culture. Reaching their goal of raising $4,000 would cover the costs for food, gas and accommodations at the Rocky Shoals Resort in Mt. Ada, Arkansas which is located by Ouachita National Forest where the team can train on miles of trails and dirt roads.
For more information please contact cross country coach Stefanie Slekis at Stefanie.Slekis@unt.edu or you can visit meangreensports.com to donate directly by following the steps on the attached PDF.
All donors will receive Mean Green Club benefits associated with their gift amount. Additionally those who donate $125 at the Mean Green Club "Eagle Pride" level will also receive a 2016 North Texas Cross Country T-Shirt.
Please see the below table for Mean Green Club benefits that can be earned through your donation to North Texas Cross Country.
Under Slekis the cross country program has reached new heights and with your help it can achieve that next great step.
Here are a list of some of those accomplishments:
• Men's Cross Country 2013 C-USA Team Runner-up & 2014 C-USA Team Champions
• 22 Individual All-Conference USA Cross Country Honors Earned
• Six Individual All-Region South Central Honors Earned
• One Individual NCAA Cross Country Nationals Qualifier
• Nine Men's & Women's Indoor and Outdoor Track & Field Records Broken: Women's Indoor Mile, 5000m, Distance Medley Relay & Outdoor 3000m Steeplechase and 10000m; Men's Indoor Distance Medley Relay, 800m, and 5000m & Outdoor 5000m
Your donation will help Cross Country make a mark on North Texas history.