North Texas Track & Field Hosts Team Tryouts August 27
Interested Students Must Fill Out Proper Paperwork Prior To Tryout
DENTON -- The Mean Green men's and women's track and field team will be holding open team tryouts on Thursday, August 27 at 3:30pm at Fouts Field Outdoor Track Stadium.
All students that are interested in participating in the tryout session need to read the following information and complete the accompanying paperwork.
Tryout Eligibility -- is determined by the following general requirements and must be completed prior to the tryout, by 1 p.m., Thursday, August 27. In order to speed up the process bring all necessary paperwork with you at the time you pick up your Green Form.
• Pick up Green Tryout Tracer Form from 10:00am -- 4:00pm Aug. 17 -- Aug. 26 in the track offices located at Fouts Field gate 10, 704 North Texas Blvd. Denton, TX, 76201
o Must obtain signatures from event coach, athletic trainer, athletic academic advisor, and compliance officer.
• Written proof of Full-time enrollment. A printed class schedule with minimum of 12 credit hours at UNT for the current semester.
o Your daily class schedule must be approved by your event coach(s).
• Copy of current medical insurance card, and proof of physical exam performed within the last 6-12 months.
o Physicals may be completed anywhere by a physician. The most convenient location for current students will be the on campus Student Health Center.
• Registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center, including certified final amateurism, and a Member Number.
Transfer Students -- additional conditions and requirements
• Four-year college transfers, per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: email@example.com When this document has been received we can begin normal communication.
• Transfer students must provide their final transcripts from their previous institution(s).
Potential student-athletes are asked to be warmed up and ready to go by no later than 3:30 on Aug. 27. It is suggested that students arrive 30-45 minutes prior to allow enough time to properly warm up for the session. We also ask that you are prepared with appropriate attire and water.
At the tryout, the coaching staff will conduct sprint time trials and some event-specific observation.
Those who make the cut will have their transcripts reviewed to meet team polices and be invited to the all-team meeting.
For more information, contact Coach Derek Mackel a Derek.Mackel@UNT.edu.