Track & Field Hosting Team Tryouts August 29
Interested Students Must Fill Out Proper Paperwork Prior To Tryout
DENTON – The North Texas track and field team will be holding open team tryouts on Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 3:30 p.m. at Fouts Field Outdoor Track Stadium. All students that are interested in participating in the tryout session need to read the following information and complete the accompanying paperwork.
Tryout Eligibility is determined by the following general requirements and must be completed no later than Tuesday, Aug. 29. If you would like to speed up the process bring all necessary paperwork with you at the time you pick up your tryout tracer form.
General Requirements – for all students attending the tryout
• Pick up Green Tryout Tracer Form prior to tryout from the track coaches offices located at Fouts Field gate 10, 704 North Texas Blvd. Denton, TX, 76201.
• Written proof of Full-time enrollment. A printed class schedule with minimum of 12 credit hours at UNT for the current semester.
• Copy of your current medical insurance card, and proof of physical exam performed within the last 6-12 months.
• Optional: Registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center, including certified final amateurism, and a Member Number. You may obtain this information from www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Transfer Students – additional conditions and requirements
• Four-year college transfers, per NCAA rules, we are not allowed to have any kind of extended communication with potential transfers until we receive a "permission to speak" letter or a "release" from your current school's athletic department. Have that document emailed to our compliance director: email@example.com When this document has been received we can begin normal communication.
• Transfer students must provide their final transcripts from their previous institution(s).
Potential student-athletes are asked to be warmed up and ready to go by no later than 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 29. It is suggested that students arrive 30-45 minutes prior, to allow enough time to properly warm up for the session. We also ask that you are prepared with appropriate attire and water.
At the tryout, the coaching staff will conduct sprint time trials and possibly event-specific observation.
Those who make the cut will have their transcripts reviewed to meet team polices, and be invited to the all-team meeting. For more information, contact coach Derek Mackel at Derek.Mackel@UNT.edu