T&F Wraps Up Day One Of SBC Championships
The North Texas track & field team wrapped up the first day of competition at the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships held at Ansin Sports Complex on Friday evening.
MIRAMAR, Fla. (5/10/13) – The North Texas track & field team wrapped up the first day of competition at the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships held at Ansin Sports Complex on Friday evening.
Day One Results
The women currently sit in seventh with a total of four points while the men are in eighth with five points.
Senior Chelsea Hermes stands in first in the women’s heptathlon with a record-setting pace of 3,158 points. Hermes earned 886 points in the 100-meter hurdles crossing the line third in 14.67. Hermes then grabbed 830 points placing second in the high jump with a leap of 1.68 meters or 5-06 feet.
Hermes took home first in the shot put with a throw of 11.92 meters or 39-01.25 feet to add 656 points. Hermes placed eighth in the 200 meters with a time of 26.13, just seconds shy of a career best, to bring in 786 points.
Freshman Tori Clark gave the women three points after throwing 44.20 meters or 145 feet in the women’s discus to finish sixth. Fellow freshman Madison Northcutt added a point to the women’s score with an eighth-place finish in the women’s pole vault with a jump of 3.46 meters or 11-04.25 feet.
Senior Aaron Sirles earned all of the men’s team points with a fourth-place finish in the men’s discus with a throw of 50 meters or 164 feet.
Day two of the SBC Outdoor Championships begins with the multi-events at 9 a.m. followed with field events at 12:30 p.m. and running events at 6 p.m. Fans can keep track with the action via live results from the Delta Timing Group.
North Texas Individual Results
Women’s Pole Vault
8. Madison Northcutt (3.46m or 11-04.25ft)
9. Jessica McNew (J3.46m or 11-04.25ft)
10. Sarah Korn (J3.46m or 11-04.25ft)
11. Sarah Vann (3.32m or 10-10.75ft)
Women’s Discus Throw
6. Tori Clark (44.20m or 145ft)
13. Deja McKnight (38.87m or 127.06ft)
14. Ngozi Nweke (38.86m or 127.06ft)
1. Chelsea Hermes (3158 points)
- 100-Meter Hurdles (3rd – 14.67)
- High Jump (2nd – 1.68m or 5-06ft)
- Shot Put (1st – 11.92m or 39-01.25ft)
- 200-Meter Dash (8th – 26.13)
Men’s 10,000-Meter Run
9. Silvester Harrison (33.09.43)
Men’s Discus Throw
4. Aaron Sirles (50m or 164ft)
9. Brandon Fricke (47.52m or 155-11ft)