NT T&F Nabs 27 Top-Five Spots
Charleston Lewis grabbed his second first-place finish of the indoor season as the Mean Green nabbed 27 top-five finishes at the J.D. Martin Invitational Saturday at the Mosier Indoor Track Facility.
NORMAN, Okla. (1/19/13) - Charleston Lewis grabbed his second first-place finish of the indoor season as the Mean Green nabbed 27 top-five finishes at the J.D. Martin Invitational Saturday at the Mosier Indoor Track Facility.
Lewis, who broke his school record in the weight throw last weekend at the Texas A&M 12-Team Invitational, threw 16.84 meters to defeat teammates John Garrish (16.82m), Aaron Sirles (15.29m) and Cody January (13.78m).
Clint Collins edged out teammate CJ Fowler (22.26) in the 200-meter dash, winning first place in 21.78.
Several athletes improved from the Texas A&M Invitational including Mona Landry in the long jump, shot put throwers Deja McKnight and Victoria Clark, and Chastity Stewart cut more than half a second off her 200-meter dash time.
North Texas will return to action next Friday and Saturday at the Houston Indoor Invitational from the Yeoman Fieldhouse on the campus of the University of Houston in Houston, Texas.
North Texas Individual Results
Women's Long Jump
1. Mona Landry (5.66m or 18-07.00 ft)
Women's Triple Jump
1. Michaela Williams (11.71m or 38-05.00 ft)
Women's Shot Put
3. Deja McKnight (13.88m or 45-06.50 ft)
5. Victoria Clark (12.40m or 40-08.25 ft)
7. Ngozi Nweke (12.21m or 40-00.75 ft)
9. Kandace Rose (11.47m or 37-07.75 ft)
10. Natayla Hutchinson (10.82m or 35-06.00 ft)
11. Chelsea Hermes (10.80m or 35-05.25 ft)
Women's Weight Throw
8. Deja McKnight (13.36m or 43-10.00 ft)
Men's 60-meter dash
2. CJ Fowler (6.92) - prelims
4. Trevor Henderson (7.01) - prelims
5. Clint Collins (7.02) - prelims
8. Johnny Hickman (7.06) - prelims
10. Kedron Sowells (7.08) - prelims
12. Terrance Williams (7.10) - prelims
16. Connor Bey (7.22) - prelims
17. Michael Oyegoke (7.42) - prelims
2. CJ Fowler (6.89) - finals
3. Clint Collins (6.93) - finals
5. Trevor Henderson (7.00) - finals
Men's 200-meter dash
1. Clint Collins (21.78)
3. James Fowler (22.26)
2. Wooten, Sowells, Bey, Hickman (3:25.72)
Men's Pole Vault
5. Derek Richard (4.31m or 14-01.75 ft)
Men's Long Jump
7. Trevor Henderson (6.50m or 21-04.00 ft)