Mean Green Compliance: Student-Athlete Employment/Financial Aid
Earnings from a student-athlete’s on- or off-campus employment that occurs at any time is exempt and is not counted in determining a student-athlete’s full grant-in-aid or in the institution’s financial aid limitations, provided:
- The student-athlete’s compensation does not include any remuneration for value or utility that the student-athlete may have for the employer because of the publicity, reputation, fame or personal following that he or she has obtained because of athletics ability;
- The student-athlete is compensated only for work actually performed; and
- The student-athlete is compensated at a rate commensurate with the going rate in that locality for similar services (Bylaw 12.4 and Bylaw 15.2.6).
STUDENT-ATHLETE FINANCIAL AID:
You are not eligible if you receive financial aid other than the financial aid that your institution distributes. However, it is permissible to receive:
You must report to your institution any financial aid that you receive from a source other than your institution. However, you do not need to report financial aid received from anyone on whom you are naturally or legally dependent.
- Money from anyone on whom you are naturally or legally dependent;
- Financial aid that has been awarded to you on a basis other than athletics ability; or
- Financial aid from an entity outside your institution that meets the requirements specified in the Division I Manual. [Bylaw 15.01]
07/24/2014 - General Release
07/18/2014 - M. Basketball
07/17/2014 - General Release
Mean Green Online Store
Official Merchandise of Mean Green Athletics