Booster(s)/Representative(s) of Athletics Interests
The success of student-athletes rests in the hands of all parties (athletes, coaches, administrators, and boosters). Meeting the guidelines setforth by the NCAA and the University are of the highest importance. If you are a booster and are concerned with any activity that may be questionable under the eyes of the NCAA, or the University of North Texas, it is imperative that you contact the Athletic Compliance Office.
Who is a Booster/Representative of Athletics Interests?
An institution's "responsibility" for the conduct of its intercollegiate athletics program shall include responsibility for the acts of individuals, a corporate entity (e.g., apparel or equipment manufacturer) or other organization when a member of the institution's executive or athletics administration or an athletics department staff member has knowledge or should have knowledge that such an individual, corporate entity or other organization: (Revised: 2/16/00)
- Has participated in or is a member of an agency or organization as described in Constitution 6.4.1;
- Has made financial contributions to the athletics department or to an athletics booster organization of that institution;
- Has been requested by the athletics department staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes or is assisting in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
- Has assisted or is assisting in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes; or
- Is otherwise involved in promoting the institution's athletics program