FORT WORTH, Texas (3/15/13) - North Texas track & field completed its first outdoor meet of the season at the TCU Invitational on Friday at Lowden Complex on the campus of TCU.
Senior Aaron Sirles broke the school hammer throw record in the first outdoor meet of the season. Sirles threw 171-05 feet on his way to grabbing a third place finish.
Junior Marcus Wooten notched a fifth place finish in the men's 110-hurdles with a time of 15.17. Fellow junior Clint Clarke jumped 23-11.00 feet to place fourth in the men's long jump.
The men's relay teams grabbed three top-five finishes today. North Texas had two teams competing in the men's 4x100 meter relay. Team A (compiled of James Fowler, Clint Collins, Johnny Hickman and Cameron Newson) finished second in 40.70 with Team B (compiled of Trevor Henderson, Kedron Sowells, Caleb Pryor and Terrance Williams) coming in at third in 41.63.
The men's 4x400 meter relay team (compiled of Clint Collins, Steven White, Caleb Pryor and Marcus Wooten) crossed the line third in 3:15.55.
Junior Shahaf Bareni matched her personal-best of 5-11.25 feet on her way to capturing her first first-place of the outdoor season. Senior Chelsea Hermes finished fourth in the event at 5-06.00 feet.
Junior Sarah Vann grabbed a third place finish in the women's pole vault with a vault of 11-05.75 feet. Sophomore Jessica McNew placed fifth at 10-11.75 feet.
The women's 4x100 meter relay team (comprised of Kayla Savoie, Mona Landry, Ashley Henry and Ashley Harrison) notched a fourth place finish with a time of 46.18.
The Mean Green travels south to Waco, Texas, for the Baylor Quad on Friday, March 22.
North Texas Individual Results
Women's 100-Meter Dash
12. Kayla Savoie (11.90)
24. Simone Johnson (12.57)
Women's 200-Meter Dash
15. Chastity Stewart (24.70)
19. Nadiyah El-Amin (24.90)
23. Simone Johnson (25.43)
Women's 1500-Meter Run
14. Melissa Brito (5:08.07)
16. Yvette Hernandez (5:09.52)
18. Isabel Acosta (5:22.43)
Women's 100-Meter Hurdles
11. Chelsea Hermes (15.23)
Women's 4x100 Meter Relay
4. Savoie, Landry, Henry, Harrison (46.18)
Women's High Jump
1. Shahaf Bareni (1.81m or 5-11.25ft)
4. Chelsea Hermes (1.68m or 5-06.00ft)
8. Haley Thompson (1.63m or 5-04.25ft)
Women's Pole Vault
3. Sarah Vann (3.50m or 11-05.75ft)
5. Jessica McNew (3.35m or 10-11.75ft)
Women's Long Jump
21. Mona Landry (4.44m or 14-07.00ft)
Women's Shot Put
7. Deja McKnight (13.09m or 42-11.50ft)
10. Victoria Clark (12.40m or 40-08.25ft)
12. Ngozi Nweke (10.45m or 34-03.50ft)
Women's Discus Throw
13. Deja McKnight (38.55m or 126-06ft)
15. Victoria Clark (33.05m or 108-05ft)
16. Natalya Hutchinson (31.19m or 102-04ft)
Women's Javelin Throw
8. Chelsea Hermes (33.19m or 108-11ft)
Men's 100-Meter Dash
16. Cameron Newson (10.77)
23. Kedron Sowells (10.95)
Men's 200-Meter Dash
12. James Fowler (21.37)
21. Johnny Hickman (22.18)
25. Caleb Pryor (22.57)
Men's 800-Meter Run
10. Kevin Haverstick (2:01.17)
Men's 1500-Meter Run
16. Morgan Oats (4:27.65)
Men's 110-Meter Hurdles
5. Marcus Wooten (15.17)
Men's 4x100 Meter Relay
2. A - Fowler, Collins, Hickman, Newson (40.70)
3. B - Henderson, Sowells, Pryor, Williams (41.63)
Men's 4x400 Meter Relay
3. Collins, White, Pryor, Wooten (3:15.55)
Men's Long Jump
4. Clint Clarke (7.15m or 23-11.00ft)
10. Trevor Henderson (6.62m or 21-08.75ft)
Men's Shot Put
6. Aaron Sirles (15.81m or 51-10.50ft)
8. Brandon Fricke (14.47m or 47-05.25ft)
Men's Discus Throw Section 2
8. Aaron Sirles (46.61m or 152-11ft)
9. Brandon Fricke (46.24m or 151-08ft)
Men's Hammer Throw
3. Aaron Sirles (52.26m or 171-05ft)
6. Cody January (48.12m or 157-10ft)