North Texas (8-12, 3-6 SBC) 61 at Florida Atlantic (10-10, 5-4
SBC) 59 - OVERTIME
Jan. 19, 2012 – 7 p.m. EDT
FAU Arena – Boca Raton, Fla.
Up Next – North Texas returns home to take on Middle Tennessee on Thursday night at the Super Pit. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m.
As A Team
- For the second time this year NT took the court with just seven scholarship players (also at UALR). Just 20 games into the season, NT’s injuries have already accounted for 39 individual games missed.
- North Texas picked up its first win at FAU Arena in three tries. FAU Arena was the final Sun Belt venue that NT had yet to win at. The last two games in Boca Raton between these two squads have been decided in overtime.
- The victory marked NT’s first true road win of the season. NT had won a pair of neutral-court games in the NIT Season Tipoff against Lamar and IUPUI, but entered Saturday night with an 0-7 mark in true road games.
- The win was North Texas’ first overtime contest this season, and evened NT’s all-time record in overtime at 32-32.
- NT leads the overall series with FAU 6-3.
- Posted three blocks on the night, which gives the sophomore at least two blocks in 19 of 20 games this year.
- Mitchell increased his career total and school record to 124 blocks. The sophomore is hunting down his single-season block record of 70 set last season, and now has 54 in 2012-13.
- With a game-high 24 points, Mitchell recorded his 33rd career double-digit scoring performance. Mitchell was held scoreless for the first time in his career in his last outing at FIU on Thursday.
- Scored 14 points, including 12 in the first half, for his 24th career double-digit game.
- Played all 45 minutes in the game, and notched a team-high five assists with just two turnovers.
- Scored five of his eight points in the overtime frame, essentially sealing the game for NT.
- Recorded the tip-in with 1 second remaining in regulation to send the game into overtime.
- Reached double figures with 12 points in the contest.