North Texas (6-11, 1-5 SBC) 53 at UALR (10-8, 4-3 SBC) 67
Jan. 10, 2012 – 7 p.m.
Jack Stephens Center – Little Rock, Ark.
Up Next – North Texas returns home to take on South Alabama on Saturday night at the Super Pit. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m.
- Had two blocks on the night, which gives the sophomore at least two blocks in 16 of the year’s 17 games.
- Now has 113 career blocks, which is just six blocks shy of Jeffrey Simpson’s school record of 119 set from 2004-06.
- Shot a combined 62.5 percent in his previous two meetings with UALR, and continued that trend on Thursday with 5-of-9 shooting Thursday. The junior had 13 first-half points, but was held scoreless in the second half.
As A Team
- Injuries have accounted for 27 combined games missed for the Mean Green this season. North Texas suited up just seven scholarship players and one walk-on Thursday.
- NT shot 48.0 percent and led by five points at the half, but allowed UALR to shoot 60.0 percent from the floor in the second half.
- UALR closed the game on a 33-13 run over the final 15 minutes.
- North Texas had won three straight games at UALR’s Jack Stephens Center.