North Texas (0-1) 51 at No. 16/15 Creighton (1-0) 71
Nov. 9, 2012 – 7 p.m.
CenturyLink Center – Omaha, Neb.
Attendance: 17,139 – Creighton home-opener record
- Tony Mitchell led the Mean Green with 18 points, his 18th career double-digit outing. He also tied a career high with two steals.
- With a pair of blocks tonight was Mitchell’s 18th career multi-block game (24th career game). Mitchell now has at least two blocks in five straight games.
- A trio of NT players – P.J. Hardwick, Clarke Overlander and Austin Mitchell – made their collegiate debuts on Friday, while Keith Coleman made his North Texas debut.
- North Texas had won a school-record 11 straight season opening games prior to the loss to the Bluejays.
- Friday’s game against Creighton was the first in North Texas head coach Tony Benford’s career.
- North Texas is now 4-5 all-time against Creighton, although tonight’s meeting is the first since NT won a 108-105 thriller in Denton on Nov. 26, 1977.
- North Texas’ last win over an AP ranked opponent came on Feb. 27, 1971 (NT 79 vs No. 15 Louisville 73). Creighton entered tonight’s game as the No. 16 team in the country. NT is 5-92 all-time against ranked teams.