North Texas (5-9, 0-3 SBC) 57 at Middle Tennessee (11-3, 3-0
Dec. 31, 2012 – 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
Murphy Center – Murfreesboro, Tenn.
Up Next – North Texas returns home to take on Troy on Thursday night at the Super Pit.
- Recorded his 14th career double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds against the Blue Raiders. The sophomore has four double-doubles on the year.
- Reached double-figures in rebounding for the second straight game.
- Now has 105 career blocks, which ranks second in school history. Jeffrey Simpson currently owns the school record at 119 career blocks.
- Connected on first 3-point attempt in back-to-back games. The freshman hadn’t hit 3-pointers in consecutive games until tonight.
- Has reached double figures in three straight games. The sophomore finished with a team-high 15 points on the night.
- Reached double-figures with 11 second-half points – his seventh game this year in double-figures.
- Missed the game with a foot injury.
As A Team
- North Texas is 3-4 all-time on New Years Eve, and had won its last two games on this date.
- The Mean Green is off to an 0-3 conference start for the first time since 1989-90.
- MTSU leads the overall series 10-6, including a 6-1 edge at the Murphy Center.
- NT is 0-9 this year when its opponent scores 67 or more.
- NT is 0-5 in true road games, although that list includes No. 16 Creighton, Virginia and St. Louis.
- North Texas made just one of its first 15 shots, which helped dig the Mean Green into an 15-4 hole in the game’s first 10:30.
- NT hit just five first-half field goals, which tied the UT Arlington loss of 2011 and the Kansas State loss in the 2010 NCAA Tournament for the fewest first-half field goals of the last four seasons.
- NT trailed by 13 points at the half, which is the third largest halftime deficit of the season (20 at Virginia, 19 vs Lehigh).