ATLANTA, Ga. (3/1/13) - The No. 47 North Texas tennis team fell to No. 41 Georgia Tech, 4-0, on Friday afternoon in a match at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
"Today was a combination of our opponents playing lights out, us not being able to adapt to the faster indoor conditions, and coming out flat after the emotional match two days back versus TCU," head coach Sujay Lama said Friday night. "In a course of a long season, you're going to have days like today and all we can do is learn from it and regroup for a tough match tomorrow versus Miami (Oh)."
The Mean Green (6-3, 2-0) failed to capture the doubles point and weren't able to make a comeback.
Only three singles matches finished before Georgia Tech (4-4) clinched the match. Kseniya Bardabush fell to No. 65 Elizabeth Kilborn in straight sets, 6-1; 6-1, in the No. 1 spot.
Illona Serchenko, who switched to the No. 5 spot, fell to Muriel Wacker 6-1, 6-3. Barbora Vykydalova fell to No. 104 Kendal Woodard, 6-4; 6-1, to seal the Georgia Tech win.
The Mean Green will face Miami (Oh) tomorrow, March 2, at 12 p.m. at the Ken Byers Tennis Complex.
#41 Georgia Tech 4, #47 North Texas 0
Mar 01, 2013
Ken Byers Tennis Complex
1. #65 Elizabeth Kilborn (GT) def. Kseniya Bardabush (NT) 6-1, 6-1
2. #104 Kendal Woodard (GT) def. Barbora Vykydalova (NT) 6-4, 6-1
3. Natasha Prokhnevska (GT) vs. Valentina Starkova (NT) 6-1, 4-3, unfinished
4. Megan Kurey (GT) vs. FranziskaSprinkmeyer (NT) 6-2, 4-3, unfinished
5. Muriel Wacker (GT) def. Ilona Serchenko (NT) 6-1, 6-3
6. Jasmine Minor (GT) vs. Agustina Valenzuela (NT) 3-6, 2-4, unfinished
1. Kendal Woodard/Megan Kurey (GT) def. Barbora Vykydalova/Valentina Starkova (NT) 8-0
2. Elizabeth Kilborn/Jasmine Minor (GT) vs. Franziska Sprinkmeyer/Kseniya Bardabush (NT) 5-3, unf.
3. Natasha Prokhnevska/Muriel Wacker (GT) def. Ilona Serchenko/Agustina Valenzuela (NT) 8-0
North Texas 6-3
Georgia Tech 4-4