North Texas (14-10, 7-4 Sun Belt) 81 at Florida Atlantic
(10-14, 6-5 Sun Belt) 86 – 2OT
Feb. 11, 2012 – 7 p.m.
FAU Arena – Boca Raton, Fla.
NEXT GAME: North Texas returns home to face ULM on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m.
- Senior night festivities will take place before Saturday’s 3:30 p.m. tip off against Louisiana-Lafayette, which will be televised on the Sun Belt Network (CST & CSS).
- Hauled in 22 points, 20 rebounds and six blocks – just the 7th player in the NCAA this year to score at least 20 points and have 20 rebounds.
- It was the 16th 20 rebound game in the NCAA this year.
- The 20 rebounds rank 14th in North Texas history.
- Recorded his fourth straight double-double. The freshman matches George Odufuwa (2009-11) for the most consecutive double-doubles in the Johnny Jones era, and now has eight on the year.
- He has 21 in the last four games – a school record.
- Held scoreless in the first half, but scored 12 of NT’s 16 points to open the second half. He finished with a career-high 20 points.
- Scored eight of NT’s first 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting and finished the night with 12 points.
- NT’s last double-overtime game was on Nov. 18, 2009 at UT Arlington (W 101-99).
- NT held the Owls to 24 first-half points. That makes FAU the eighth opponent this year held under 25 points by the Mean Green.
- NT led by as many as 19 points in the second half (14:38).
- NT is now 2-1 in overtime games this year, all of which have been in Sun Belt play.