North Texas (8-15, 3-9 SBC) 74 at Louisiana-Lafayette (8-15,
4-8 SBC) 105
Jan. 31, 2013 – 7 p.m.
Cajundome – Lafayette, La.
Up Next – North Texas heads to Jonesboro, Ark., for its final road matchup against Arkansas State as a member of the Sun Belt Conference. The game is slated for Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Poured in a game-high and career-high 31 points, which are also the most points by a Mean Green player this year.
- Has now scored 20-plus points in three straight games.
- Posted two first-half blocks to give him multiple blocks in 22 of this year’s 23 games. He finished with four blocks on the night
- Extended his Mean Green career blocks record to 135. With 65 on the year, Mitchell is chasing his school single-season record of 70 set last season.
As A Team
- The 105 points allowed tied for the second most NT has ever allowed in a Sun Belt game, and was only topped by Western Kentucky’s 107-point effort against the Mean Green on Feb. 3, 2001.
- Overall, the last opponent to score 100 points or more against the Mean Green was Oklahoma State (100 points) on Nov. 17, 2008.
- The 31 point loss is NT’s largest in an SBC game since the Ragin’ Cajuns (8-15, 4-8 SBC) knocked off NT by 34 on Feb. 24, 2003 at the Cajundome.
- Louisiana-Lafayette leads the overall series 21-16
- NT is 5-5 in the Cajundome since the 2006-07 Sun Belt championship game, but has dropped its last four games at the venue.