North Texas (3-6, 0-1 SBC) 63 at Saint Louis (5-3) 67
Dec. 5, 2012 – 7 p.m. (FSN Midwest)
Chaifetz Arena – Saint Louis, Mo.
Up Next – North Texas returns home to take on Jackson State on Saturday night at the Super Pit.
- Tallied his second straight game with at least 20 points, racking up a game-high 21 on Wednesday evening. Jones had 23 points against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday, which has upped his season average to 12.2 points per game.
- Wasn’t far away from his first career triple-double. The sophomore tallied 21 points, seven boards and seven assists.
- Entered the game with at least two blocks in 12 straight games, but was held without a swat against the Billikens. The sophomore has 93 career blocks, which ranks third in school history.
- Leads NT in minutes per game (31.8 MPG entering the contest), but has committed just five turnovers on the year, including a clean slate against SLU.
North Texas Team Notes
- NT was 15-of-16 from the free throw stripe in the game, which is good for the third best mark in school history.
- The Billikens snapped NT’s streak of 10-plus fast break points in four straight games, as the Mean Green had four fast-break points.
- NT had won the last three games against the Billikens, although the last meeting was in 1981.