NIT Season Tip-Off, Midwest Regional Opening Round
North Texas (0-2) 75 vs. Alabama-Huntsville (2-0) 78
Nov. 12, 2012 – 9:30 p.m.
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Up Next – North Texas will face Lamar in the NIT Season Tip-Off’s Midwest Consolation game on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Jordan Williams racked up a career-high with 26 points against the Chargers. The sophomore topped his previous high of 19 against Troy in December of last year.
- Tony Mitchell posted 10 points and 11 rebounds for his 11th career double-double, but fouled out with 3:05 remaining in the game. It was his 18th career double-digit scoring game.
- The Chargers hit 12 3-pointers, which are the most by an NT opponent since Oklahoma State landed 13 on the Mean Green in 2008-09.
- Tony Mitchell posted three blocks for his 19th career multi-block game. Mitchell now has at least two blocks in six straight games.
- Mitchell now has 75 career blocks, which is just one shy of Thomas Gibson for fifth in NT history.
- Monday’s game was the first ever meeting between North Texas and Alabama-Huntsville, and the program’s first NIT Season Tip-Off.
- The loss is North Texas' first to a non-Division I opponent since falling at Hardin-Simmons (74-67) on Nov. 23, 1985.