The North Texas Fan Guide (www.northtexasfanguide.com) went online today, marking the second website launch in six days by the North Texas Athletics Department.
The site replaces the printed fan guides of the past, is compatible with desktops, laptops and tablets, and has a lite version designed specifically for cell-phone users. The site automatically routes visitors to the proper site for the device being used.
The Guide has everything a fan needs for the upcoming football season:
- ticket and parking information
- the 2012 schedule
- links to news and rosters
- where to listen to the games
- tailgating information
- where to get team gear
- the Mean Green Club and Junior Mean Green Club
- information on Football 101 and the Kickoff Cookout
- links to the Mean Green social media
- information on all Mean Green traditions
There's also information on the October 16 Tuesday night game at Apogee Stadium, which will be broadcast live on ESPN2 and will be the first nationally-televised game from Apogee.
The Guide will be updated as new information becomes available. The Guide will also not be football only, but will grow in the coming weeks and months with pages for other sports as well.
Like the North Texas Interactive Athletics Map, launched last week, the Fan Guide is a stand-alone website with its own domain address.