Mean Green Mission Statement
- To Promote and monitor the educational achievement and personal growth of student-athletes, emphasizing that their educational growth and development is the primary purpose of intercollegiate athletics
- To conduct an athletics program that protects and enhances the physical and educational welfare of student-athletes
- To provide fair and equitable opportunity for all student-athletes and staff participating in intercollegiate sport activities, regardless of gender or ethnicity
- To promote the principles of good sportsmanship and honesty in compliance with the University of North Texas, state, NCAA and conference regulations
- To conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation with the University of North Texas
- To serve the community through public service and outreach activities which positively reflect on the University of North Texas and promote good will in the community.