University Of North Texas Football
Walk-On Procedures—Fall 2013
The Walk-On Program at North Texas is an important component in the overall development of our program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
1. Candidates must have applied and been admitted to North Texas.
2. Must be certified as a Final Qualifier through the NCAA Eligibility Center-register at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org
3. Must send an email with a link to your highlights to: email@example.com
4. Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to the same email address.
5. If you only have a highlight disc, send via US Postal service to: UNT Football, 1155 Union Cir. #311397, Denton, TX 76203. Allow at least 5 working days for it be received in our office.
6. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS--you must be enrolled full-time, carrying at least 12 hours, and provide the information listed above.
7. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS-must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum 2.25 GPA
2. Interested candidates who have completed the above procedures should pick up informational packets on MONDAY, AUG. 26th, 2013 in the Football Office. CANDIDATES MUST SATISFACTORILY COMPLETE & RETURN THE PACKET OR THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRYOUT.
3. Tryout date will announced when packets are picked up on Mon., Aug. 26th.
2. Transfers must complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.