University Of North Texas Football
The Walk-On Program at North Texas is an important component in the development of the entire program. There are procedures that must be followed to be considered a viable candidate to walk-on to the team.
1. Candidates must have applied and been admitted to North Texas.
2. Must be certified as a Final Qualifier through the NCAA Eligibility Center-register at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org
3. For evaluation purposes, send an email with a link to your highlights to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Have two letters of recommendation from coaches speaking to your character and playing ability emailed to the same email address.
5. If you only have a highlight disc, send via US Postal service to: UNT Football, 1155 Union Cir. #311397, Denton, TX 76203. Allow at least 5 working days for it be received in our office.
6. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS-you must be enrolled full-time, carrying at least 12 hours, and provide the information listed above.
7. CURRENT North Texas STUDENTS-must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum 2.25 GPA
Upon completing steps listed above, informational packets should be picked up in our football office on Monday, Jan. 14th (first day of classes). Those candidates who satisfy requirements and submit the necessary information contained in the packet by Fri., Jan. 18th will tryout on Tues., Jan. 22nd.
2. Based on the number of qualified walk-on candidates and the number of slots available a fall tryout will be held.
3. Informational packets will be ready immediately before the start of the fall semester for candidates to complete prior to a tryout sometime within the first week of school.
2. Transfers must complete the same procedures as the high school student (admission, NCAA eligibility, film evaluation, recommendations) and possess a minimum of a 2.25 GPA.